Covid 19 – Helpful Guide
What should I do if my child is unwell?
- If your child is at all unwell, please do not send them to school.
- If your child is unwell, and they are not showing symptoms of coronavirus, please keep them at home until they are completely recovered.
- If they have one of the three common symptoms of COVID 19 (coronavirus) – a continuous cough, a high temperature or fever or loss of, or a change in smell or taste (anosmia) – please follow the latest advice via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ and book a test.
For vomiting and /or diarrhoea or fever (alongside a negative Covid 10 test result), they should remain at home for at least 48 hours after the last bout of vomiting or diarrhoea has passed.
What happens if my child becomes unwell during the school day?
- If your child displays any of the three symptoms of COVID 19 (coronavirus) while at school, they will be isolated in our First Aid room. The Admin staff will call parents/guardian and ask that your child be collected as soon as possible. A member of staff wearing PPE will stay with your child until they are collected.
- On arrival at the school gate, please call the school office on 01561 400685, we will escort your child out to meet you. Please note, that in line with guidance from Aberdeenshire Council, siblings will also be sent home with the pupil who is displaying symptoms.
- Families will be expected to follow guidance and self isolate where necessary.
- Pupils should only return to school once the symptoms have cleared and have obtained a negative COVID 19 (Coronavirus) test result.
Click on the link below to source information and access booking a test.